Sunday, July 17, 2011

Is this Magazine Fraud?

I got a call saying that I moved to a finalist round of a sweepstakes I did. Then after the lady was done explaining everything she said she was transferring me over to her supervisor to take a survey of how she did and stuff. He asked me questions like my age group and marital status. Then he said I had won some free magazines and he started talking really fast and he asked for my card number to have on file for when the trial ends and I had to say some numbers to a recorder it was really weird. I wasn't trying to give him a hard time tho because I know how customer service is and I know he was just trying to get his job done...so I thought. I check my account daily and when I looked there was an authorized price of almost $70 pending for "free" magazines that I don't even want! So I panicked and called the number and the lady said they committed to the magazine companies that I would pay and they couldn't cancel it because I okayed the whole thing and that I have to pay this for 5 years! I'm like WHAT?! No o e told me anything about this so she said she'll cut the price down to $20. And I'm like no! So I ended up calling my bank and explaining it to them and she froze my account and is sending me a new card. Will this fix everything? Will I have to file a claim? Will they send magazines even tho I don't pay? Am I suppose to just return to sender? This has never happened to me before..I feel really foolish..Help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment